Trends Are Over-rated!

13:19:00













What are trends and who sets the trends?  When it comes to fashion, I love Beyoncé for one thing she said in one of her red carpet appearances. She said, “Destiny Childs, we don’t follow trends,
we are trend setters.” That is absolutely remarkable of Bee. I mean, every day, every season, the fashion industry comes up with some fashion concept that makes it seem as through anything other than what is in vogue is not acceptable.

Celebrities wear something once and the rest of the world takes it up from there. It is good for fashion merchants, it helps with sales. However, I am one of those individuals who don’t follow trends too. It’s not like a mission or a war against trends kind of thing, it just doesn’t work for me. In fact, I don’t like wearing outfits or hairstyles when they are trending. I’d rather go with it when the ‘reign’ is over. I love to stand out. I love to do things differently.


I draw fashion inspiration from different sources, be it celebrities, friends, a movie, etc, but I also like to personalize that inspiration and make it my own.

That being said, I’d like to encourage people to try to be creative with their style too…put a twist on it to own it.

For example, one of my favorite style is the boyish look…as much as I like the girly girly stuff like makeup, beautiful lingerie, manicure and pedicure, etc I just have a thing for the boyish look…that's why I love jumpsuits and snickers.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please don't forget to share your thought on this post before leaving...it's always nice to hear from you.

Popular Posts